2020 Investment Outlook
Last February, Robert Aliber, Professor Emeritus of International Economics and Finance at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, continued to express deep concerns about financial markets.
Prof. Aliber, once again, returned last February to share his unique outlook, independent of popular herd mentality. While many markets have since rebounded from their December 2018 lows, he remained troubled about the risks of rising interest rates, deficits and inflation. Will this long bull market ever end?
Back by popular demand, Prof. Aliber once again comes out of retirement to share his bold assessment. His fearless market calls across all asset classes have become legendary among Dallas-Ft. Worth alumni. Where can money be invested after over a decade of exceptional returns in U.S. stocks and bonds? Will this golden era of U.S. investment returns ever end? Will interest rates finally rise? Will tariffs ever slow the U.S. economy? Ask Prof. Aliber about his current views on the future of any investments or your personal finance decisions.
- 11:30 a.m. Registration/Check-in
- 12:00 p.m. Plated Lunch Served
- 12:30 p.m. Remarks and Q&A
- Registered by January 17: $75person;
- Registered by February 14: $80/person alumni, parents, students; $90/person non-alumni, friends;
- After Feb 14 or at the door: $100/person
- Self-parking: $7; Valet parking also available at additional cost
11:30AM - 1:30PM Fri 21 Feb 2020 ( Timezone: Central )
Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas
Fairway Ranch Room 4150 N MacArthur Blvd
Irving, TX 75038 USA
[ Get Directions ]
Bill Laforet, MBA'11